1) How old are u Vincent?
2) Where do you come from?
Originally from Malaysia but living in Australia for 8 years
3) What do you study in Australia?
I just completed my Bachelors of Arts, Italian and Japanese studies
4) How did you choose ISTITUTO EUROPEO?
I was looking for language schools in Florence and ISTITUTO EUROPEO came out first. Then I realized that Monica Benvenuti was teaching at ISTITUTO EUROPEO. Basically yes, Monica made me decide to come to ISTITUTO EUROPEO. I have a friend who studied at ISTITUTO EUROPEO with Monica Benvenuti and for this reason I knew that she is a great teacher…
5) Do you think that there is a difference between studying Music in Australia and in Italy?
Here you have teachers that teach only one subject, they are specialized in one subject…and this is good…because you can concentrate solely on one subject at one time
6) Do you study Music for Art’s sake or because you think that Music can be a sort of upward social mobility?
I studied Music for Art’s sake…as a cultural heritage left to us…
7) What has been for you the most difficult thing to adapt to in Italy?
To get to know Italians
Probably it’s not part of my culture to go out for meeting people…
9) What’s your dream?
To become a famous Opera Singer
10) How did you enjoy the lessons with Monica Benvenuti?
Monica expects a lot from me…but she’s very motivating
11) What are your plans for the future after leaving ISTITUTO EUROPEO?
I am going back to Australia. I want to expose myself to competitions to get more experience and continue to study Music in the Conservatorio in Florence
12) Have you any kind of suggestions to give to a young man who decides to start studying Music?
I think when you start taking lessons is a sort of like getting a job…you have to take your study seriously like a job